Welcome to the homepage of United States Africa Command Joint Reserve Affairs Office. Our goal is to provide current information for Joint Reserve Component (RC) service members coming to HQ Africa Command. RC service members are valued members of the Africa Command team, enabling this forward-located combatant command to carry out its mission in the African theater.
The Joint Reserve Personnel Affairs Office (J113) manages U.S. Africa Command HQ’s operational and strategic Joint RC forces, ensuring members are trained, ready, and integrated to meet mission requirements.
- We manage Individual Mobilization Augmentees (IMAs) to fill IMA billets identified on the Joint Table of Mobilization and Distribution (JTMD) in order to provide operational support requirements and manpower required to shift to a wartime, contingency, or mobilization footing.
- We manage service allocated funding for RC augmentation to provide short-term operational requirements (up to one fiscal year) and missions, 30–365 days above and beyond routine duty.
- We maintain U.S. Africa Command's RC policy and is the primary advisor on all Joint Reserve Component issues.
Joint Reserve Points of Contact
For general inquiries into Joint Reserve Vacancies or Opportunities at US Africa Command, please contact our respective service component program managers below:
- Army Reserve Program Manager: DSN 314-591-0321, Comm: 011-49-964-170-0321, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Navy Reserve Program Manager: DSN 314-591-0306, Comm: 011-49-964-170-591-0306, email@example.com.
- Air Reserve Component Manager: DSN 314-591-0210, Comm: 011-49-964-170-591-0210, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marine Corps Reserve Program Manager: DSN 314-591-0210, Comm: 011-49-964-170-591-0210, email@example.com.
NOTE: Reserve Intelligence specialties are handled by Intelligence and Knowledge Development (J2) Directorate: AFRICOM J2 directorate (DSN: 314-421-2912; Comm: 011-49-711-729-2912)
General Reserve Affairs Information and Links
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense’s Reserve Affairs website: http://ra.defense.gov
Employee Support for Guard and Reserve: http://www.esgr.mil
U.S Army Garrison Stuttgart: http://www.stuttgart.army.mil
Army Reserve and National Guard Information and Links
Army Reserve website: http://www.usar.army.mil
GoArmy Reserve website: http://goarmy.com/reserve.html
Tour of duty: https://mobcop.army.mil
Personnel Force Innovation: http://pfi.dod.mil
Navy Reserve Information and Links
Navy Reserve website: http://www.navyreserve.com
Navy Reserve Homeport: https://www.navyreserve.navy.mil
Navy Personnel Command: http://www.public.navy.mil
Reserve opportunities: https://www.navyreserve.navy.mil
Bupers Online: https://www.bol.navy.mil
Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS): https://nsips.nmci.navy.mil
Career Management System/Interactive Detailing: https://www.cmsid.navy.mil
Air Reserve Component Information and Links
Air Force Reserve website: For basic information on the AFR, how to join, benefits available, and career opportunities
Air Force Reserve website: http://www.afreserve.com
Air Force Reserve Command: http://www.afrc.af.mil
Readiness Management Group, Robins AFB, GA: http://www.afrc.af.mil/library/rmg/index.asp
Air Reserve Personnel Center: http://www.arpc.afrc.af.mil
ARCNet Opportunities: https://www.my.af.mil/arcnetprod/resnet/opportunities.aspx
Volunteer Reserve System (VRS): https://www.my.af.mil/arcnetprod/ARCNet/VRS/Home/
ANG Military Vacancy Announcement (MVA): http://www.ang.af.mil/careers/mva/index.asp;
Marine Corps Reserve Information and Links
Marine Corps Reserve website: http://marforres.marines.mil
Marine Corps Manpower and Reserve Affairs website: https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page/portal/M_RA_HOME/MRA_SubMain/